Butternut Couscous Salad
So I decided to try this salad after my lamb shank dinner. :) And after that friend of mine changed his mind about coucous... I decided to try this couscous salad. :) I have tried couscous salads before but they never really came out well. I have never tried butternut with it before. :)
This time, it came out rather well! :) Roast butternut.... garlic, feta, cherry tomatoes... mmmm
- 1 onion (med-large)
- 500g cubed butternut squash
- handful or two of cherry tomatoes... (I think I used half a punnet)
- 2 disks of feta (I used the herbed variety of feta)
- glug or two of olive oil
- Tablespoon of balsamic reduction
- bouqet of spices
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar mix
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- dice the onion.
- Make sure the butternut dice is small enough for the salad. I had to halve some the butternut cubes since they were a little big.
- Into a nice big bowl, add the olive oil...add the bouquet of spices and sort of make a mixture.
- Add in the butternut, onion and tomatoes into the bowl and mix so its all coated in the mixtures.
- Spread the veges onto a baking tray. Make sure to try spread them easily and try not to get more than 1 layer on the tray. (So none on top of one another).
- Once the butternut is soft, the onions & the cherry tomatoes are caramelised... Make the couscous.
- Mix all together and crumble the feta over and mix lightly again.
Peut être mangé chaud ou froid...
Et Voila! C'est délicieux...
(Feel like I should add in some french since the title of the blog c'est francaise ☺)